The Tricar Group is an award-winning developer leading the way in Southwestern Ontario as the premier high-rise builder. We are passionate about our company, our work, and our commitment to delivering outstanding condominium homes and rental apartments while delivering the best customer service.
The Warranty Project Manager will be responsible to ensure professional, timely and quality service in response to all common element warranty items in our high-rise residential condominiums in Southwestern Ontario including London and surrounding areas with occasional work on projects in Guelph and Kitchener-Waterloo.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
- Delivering warranty-related common element construction projects safely, to the required scope of works, including all vital aspects: quality, within budget, on schedule and to the end user’s complete satisfaction.
- Commitment to ongoing development, implementation, and monitoring of safe working procedures, working with the Health and Safety Management Team, as well as key field positions in accordance with all laws and standards as required.
- Ensure sub-trade compliance – submission and maintenance of required documentation including WSIB clearance certificates, Ministry of Training and Colleges requirements for skilled trades, liability insurance, WHIMIS training, fall protection and if required fall arrest training, propane handling, confined space entry, compliance to company health and safety policy.
- Monitoring and updating project budgets at periodic reviews ensuring the project is proceeding on track
- Conduct on-site inspections/meetings to check progress, quality, compliance, and health & safety.
- Prepare complete scopes of work and tender analysis reviews for awarding of contracts not covered under supplier or sub-trade warranty.
- Reviewing and approving invoices for each project being managed.
- Create, review, monitor and communicate project schedules to ensure tasks and milestones are completed on time.
- Monitor all common element warranty items, time to complete, critical dates, notes on progress, etc.
- Oversee preparation of Turnover Manuals and documents for all new condominium developments
- Be available to assist and advise to resolve homeowner after-hour emergency calls such as water leaks, no heating/cooling, power issues
- Work with professional engineers to address building performance audits, interpret and address deficiencies as identified by Engineer’s Report; schedule and manage repairs of all items
- Liaise with Condominium Board of Directors on completion and sign off on performance audit items as addressed and as directed by Warranty Manager
- With direction from Director of Asset Management, assist Property Management department with Building Conditions Surveys of rental properties
- Provide feedback to Warranty Manager regarding quality issues and recurring deficiencies in the construction finishing process
The Ideal Candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in high-rise residential condominium construction; preferably in a project coordinator, project manager, warranty manager, or site supervisor role.
- A degree or diploma in construction project management or a construction-related major is preferred
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Chair meetings, feedback sessions, and briefings to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, technology management, and internal controls.
- Persuasive and motivating, with a strong focus on managing consultants.
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to communicate and educate homeowners on claim decisions.
- Ability to respond quickly and calmly in emergency situations; assess a situation and give clear direction.
- Multitasking and self-disciplined – ability to work on various projects simultaneously and independently across multiple locations.
- Be fluent in the Tarion Warranty Program, the Construction Performance Guidelines, warranty timelines and all forms and documentation required.
- Have a thorough understanding of the condominium construction process and awareness of the Condominium Act as it pertains to rules and regulations that apply to homeowners.
- Have a strong awareness of the Occupational Health & Safety requirements for construction sites.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with construction finishing and building envelope construction.
- Embrace challenges that require creative, collaborative solutions.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and ability to learn/use other software applications such as Tribe Home, HOMES, etc.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flexible, willing and able to travel daily to assigned sites throughout Southwestern Ontario.
The Tricar Group is a six-time finalist and three-time winner of Tarion’s Homeowner’s Choice Award for customer service; an award we are most proud of and that clearly defines the level of commitment and dedication we look for in our team members. You will work in a positive team environment and have the opportunity to forge a very rewarding and long-term career.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Those who meet the above requirements will be contacted for an interview.